Thursday 14 April 2011

#4. Stress Reliever.

I am currently a fourth year university student (graduating next year, hoorah!). This time of the year proves to be most stressful because classes are winding down, which means exams are winding up. Exams have proven to be the "monster in the closet" of my adult years. I fear them and I can't sleep because of them. The only thing that separates the exam from the monster is that the exam exists and must, must be defeated (hopefully). While I have never been a student who works well under time constraint and pressure (even though my resume says i do, woops!), test anxiety often gets the best of me. So, the other day I was in the library telling a friend of mine how my anxiety levels were higher than the Northern star.... !and just like that! she shuffled through her backpack like a 6 year old kid who just received a golden star on their first spelling test, and pulled out... wait for it... ALL NATURAL, ANXIETY-STRESS RELIEVER, FOCUS ENHANCER chewable tablets. Granted, they tasted more disgusting than great-grandma's mince-meat pie (sorry grandma!) but by-golly did I feel better. Surely, it was probably all psychological but regardless, that kind act made me do cart-wheels down the library isles. Sending a BIG high-five out to Stephy for her act of kindness that made this little one a whole lot less fearful of the BIG, BAD exam... dun, dun, dunnnnn.

No comments:

Post a Comment