Saturday 9 April 2011

#3. Homework Helper.

I'm beginning to think I have a problem because I am sitting in this coffee shop far too often. A friend of mine once wrote an article illustrating coffee shop's and their resemblance to church's. Clearly not in the  religious sense (unless your cup of joe is blessed by the holy man himself). And at this point, with exams around the corner, I may consider being baptized by the java goodness because God knows I can't live without it... Anyway, he related coffee shops to church's because they're a place where we all congregate. Once you become a regular, you create a sense of community between yourself, other regulars and the barista. And in my opinion, the baristas are little angels sent from above, blessing my day with a cup of holy goodness that keeps me from committing the sin of crankiness onto the world. Anyway... as I sit in the coffee shop, I see a girl helping an exchange student with his English homework. Undoubtedly, he is having a heck of a time understanding why there are 3 different versions of there,their,they're in the English language, and as much as I want to scream a big YOU CAN DO IT in his face, I resist. The homework helper keeps on plugging along while little lightbulbs go off in the student's head as he begins to comprehend. So, HIGH-FIVE to homework helper and her kind patience in explaining "why they're drinking there their coffee over their there". High-five for kindness homework helper, HIGH-FIVE.

1 comment: